Your website is up and ready, and now the big question is how to promote it through blogs to attract a maximum number of visitors and to convert those visitors into your potential customers.
- 3 Tips to get started
- 8 blogging marketing strategies
Before you can think about blogging marketing strategies to promote your website, there are a few things that you must consider while making your blog posts.
3 Tips to get started
1. Social sharing
First and foremost thing in your blogging marketing strategies is, you should think about placing eye-catching attractive Social Sharing Buttons and Click To Tweet Widgets on your blog with a social sharing plugin.
2. Content presentation
It would help if you made your overall presentation attractive and engaging especially the headline of your blog should be eye-catching. The headline is the first thing that readers read. The emphasis should be more on the quality of the blog rather than the quantity of the blog.
3. Blog promotion
Now it’s time to think about your blogging marketing strategies to increase traffic on your website:
Before you start, it’s a good idea to prepare a simple text file where you can note down all the important information that you will be used on various platforms. This will speed up the promotion process. The following is an example of what you should do:
- URL — write down your blog post URL as you will need it many times
- Headline Variations — write out a few headline variations for your post. Just think of exciting and lively, catchy phrases.
- You can write several short length messages for use on Twitter. This can be quotes, questions or just some short, attention-grabbing phrases
- You can write slightly longer versions of the social messages that you can use on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Have you mentioned a person or brand in the post? Include their contact information — Twitter account, email address, etc. You would want to let them know they’ve been mentioned.
- You can use Google’s Campaign URL Builder to create a tracking link for each platform you promote your article on. This will help you track traffic more accurately.
- Tracking links can look long and messy. Using a URL shortened will make them look more readable and desirable.
8 blogging marketing strategies
1. Email marketing
Email remains the most powerful and cost-effective method to date for blogging marketing strategies. Build a list of emails of businesses and persons you would want to engage for your promotion efforts.
Email is still the favourite means of communication for many people, with the number of worldwide users expected to reach 3.5 billion by the end of 2020
2. Social media marketing
Social media means Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and many others depending on where you will find your target audience. Sharing your content on social media is still an excellent way to get more visibility, and ultimately increase traffic and shares. But it’s not just a case of posting once on Facebook and then moving onto something else. Your blog has a personality of its own, and you should go for social media that is closest to that personality. It would be best if you had a social media marketing strategy in place:
- Focus on the most relevant social networks for your blog. E.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Engage with people on those platforms, including influencers and brands.
- Participate in social groups to grow your social media reach. Maintaining good visibility on social groups is one of the best way of blogging marketing strategies.
3. Reciprocal sharing sites
The following social sites all work by reciprocal sharing. You share, I share. You earn ‘credits’ for sharing other people’s content, which then allows you to post your content and get it shared by others.
- Triberr plays a powerful role in blogging marketing strategies. It imports your blog posts automatically, but it gives you the control to edit the import if you want. You can add your blog post image to make your post stand out among the crowd. But you have to return the favour also so remember to get engaged with your tribe mates and share their content also.
- Viral Content Bee is a program that gives bloggers the freedom to promote their blog on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. When you’ve earned enough credits by sharing other people’s content, you can add your post to get it promoted. This is very strong too to promote your blog if you use it wisely.
4. Relationship marketing
Running a blog is an uphill and tedious task and might fail if you try to do everything on your own. There’s a whole worldwide web sphere there that you can tap into. All you need to do is to build relationships with the right people. And like any relationship, that means you need to give and take both. Try to be a giver, not a taker. That would automatically ensure that you receive favours from other people and businesses as well.
5. Social groups communities and forums
Online communities allow you to contribute, build relationships and establish your authority. But this does not mean post your content and disappear. This means maintaining rapport with other people, groups and businesses by having good productive and useful discussions.
Look for established groups that are active and have good moderation and use the platforms that suit your niche.
- Facebook groups
- Web forums
- Pinterest groups
- LinkedIn groups
6. Paid social media advertising
Along with non paid (organic) marketing that requires lots of time and efforts its essential that you consider paid advertising too. Data have shown that spending on social media advertising has reached $31 million in 2019 already.
Each social media platform has different demographics and advertising formats. For example, there’s:
- Video Ads on Facebook
- Promoted Tweets on Twitter
- Sponsored Content on LinkedIn
- Carousel Ads on Instagram
- Promoted Pins on Pinterest
So you need to consider:
- The best social network for your campaign; i.e. where your target audience hangs out
- The best advertising format; e.g. images, video, text
- The costs per network and your budget
7. Search advertising
Search advertising places advertisements in search engine results. It’s also referred to as PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising because you have to pay a small fee every time somebody clicks on your ad. You will see them at the top of all search engines SERPs denoted with an ‘Ad’ icon. When I was helping Microlearn building their platform, we discussed their options for search advertising, and they ended up using it when we finished the platform.
8. Guest blogging
Guest blogging is an awesome way to get your blog out there. Imagine you find a website you would like a backlink from. Then I would recommend you to write the website if they would be interested in you making a blog post on their blog. In this blog post you will get a link to your own website which will generate traffic, however the secret to really get traffic is to offer a gift to the reader. It could be an e-book, a tool or something third. It’s really proven to be a gamechanger.
Subscribe to my newsletter
I send my newsletter once a week, where I give you a simple tip to optimise your website.
There are as many blogging marketing strategies for your website, as are the stars in the sky. So all you need to do is to consider one marketing strategy at a time and apply it in real life. Be patient and then track its progress. Only when you see that the strategy is ineffective and you are not able to reap the benefits as you desired in that case you need to move onto the next marketing strategy.
The basic factor that will play an important part in deciding if your blogging marketing strategies succeed or not will depend on:
How strong and attention-grabbing the content is
- How shareable your blog is
- You have been able to know your right target audience exactly
- Your blogs are posted on relevant websites where your target audience hangs
- You are present on all the right kind of social groups.
If you play your cards well, your blog will be able to bring the right kind of traffic to your website.
I really like the way Neil Patel does his blog with a ton of various blog content from podcast, and normal blog posts to links and more.
How do bloggers use marketing?
There are a ton of ways to use marketing as a blog. I tell you about 8 of my favourite in this article.
What is blog strategy?
It’s a very broad question. But as a blog you always have a domain you write within, whether it’s clothing, business, fishing or something fourth. That’s part of your strategy, and figuring out who your target group is extremely important for your writing.
How do I promote my business through blogging?
Write about subjects within your domain. Whether it’s about a specific product, a review or you are answering a question asked a lot within your industry. People will find your article on Google and though your post they will click themselves into your website.
How do you write a blog post in 20 minutes?
Preparing yourself is everything. Make a rough draft with titles and small descriptions to yourself for each section. After this you start writing, in the end you wrap it up with a conclusion.If you have an inspiring conclusion, people will read your post. People often scroll to the conclusion and read it, to decide whether they’re reading the whole article or not.