Starting and promoting a new business is a bit hectic and tricky. You must have to adopt some strategies if you want a successful business. Nowadays, business promotion takes place on websites because they are easily accessible to everyone. If you are here, you have probably already decided to set up a website. WordPress is the best platform for doing so. I have been using WordPress for several years and I have got great results from it.
WordPress is one of the world’s top Content Management Systems with about 40% of websites based on it. It facilitates wide range of business needs. The best thing is that you can get started on WordPress for free. However, depending on your business, you can buy hosting, domains, and plugins to work with WordPress more quickly. Additionally, WordPress allows you to build a great website with little to no technical knowledge. In this article, I discuss the easiest way for installing WordPress.
- Requirements for Installing WordPress
- Install via FTP
- Install via cPanel
- Install via (APS)Plesk One Click Auto-Installer
- Install via Hosting Provider
Requirements for Installing WordPress
Before you begin the installation process, there are some basic requirements that need to be met.
On the server side, you need:
- PHP 7.4 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10.1 or greater
You can further details on the requirements here.
You are all set for installing WordPress after meeting these basic requirements.
Install via FTP
- Download the latest version of WordPress from the website. If you’re going to upload WordPress to a remote web server, use a web browser to download the WordPress package to your computer and extract it.
- Upload these extracted files to your web server. For this, you require an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client. FTP is a program used by web developers for uploading files and pictures to the internet. There are so many FTP clients available. There are many FTP clients available in the market. Before trying to log in to FTP, do not forget to ask about your FTP account information from your host.
- Once you have the FTP client, connect it to the hosting server. Once connected, use the FTP program to upload the WordPress files to the website server.
- Before installing, you need to decide whether you would like your WordPress powered side to be in the root directory of your domain (http://xyz.com/) or in a subdirectory (http://xyz.com/blog/).
- If you placed the WordPress files in the root directory, you should visit: http://xyz.com/wp-admin/install.php for installing. However, if you placed the WordPress files in a subdirectory called ‘blog’, you should visit: http://xyz.com/blog/wp-admin/install.php.
- Choose your desired language and click ‘Continue’. Then, enter your site title, database name, username, password and email. WordPress will suggest a password – you can either use this or set your own password.
- Press ‘Install WordPress’ when you have entered all the necessary information.
- A confirmation message will pop up on your screen if all the settings are correct. Click ‘Continue’ to complete installation. Once you have successfully installed WordPress, you will be prompted to login into your account.
Install via cPanel
If your hosting provider provides cPanel, you can use it to create the database and username.
- Search for the MySQL Database Wizard with your cPanel account’s help.
- Click on ‘Create a Database’ and enter a name for your database then click on ‘Next Step’.
- In the next screen, enter database username and create password. WordPress recommends that for maximum security, you should use two different sets of 4-6 random characters. Once done, click on ‘Create New User’.
- Add the user to database and select ‘All Privileges’ from the checkbox.
- You will receive a summary of your database, username, password and hostname in the next page. It’s best to copy this information and keep it safe for future reference.
Install via (APS)Plesk One Click Auto-Installer
There are various one click auto-installers available in the market. The most popular auto-installers are APS(Plesk), Softaculous and Installatron. This article discusses installation through APS(Plesk).
- Find the Applications tab in your Plesk account.
- On the Featured Applications screen, click on ‘Install’ for one-click install. WordPress will install automatically and no further action is required from your end.
- If you want to make changes to the installation process, click on ‘Custom’. Then make the changes you want and click on ‘Install’. WordPress will install directly.
Install via Hosting Provider
- Log into your hosting account and locate the one-click installer option.
- Select WordPress in the list of website and click ‘Install’.
Software reviews each week
Get 1 new software review in your inbox every week.
I use WordPress on my own website, and would definitely recommend you using it as well, because it’s extremely scalable and flexible thereby making it a great platform for both small and large businesses. In this article, I discuss three easy steps for installing WordPress.
Installing WordPress is one of the easiest things. First, download WordPress from the official website and extract files. Then, use an FTP client to upload the files on a server. Next, you need to create a database and a username. You can use any of the two methods specified above. Once you are done, just check your details and finish the installation process. After this, you will be able to log into your WordPress account.
What is the best way to install WordPress in 2020?
You need to follow 3 simple steps in order to get access to WordPress. These steps include buying hosting and domains, website installation, and lastly, theme selection.
Is it free to install WordPress?
Yes! This is why most bloggers, small businesses, and other growing businesses work on WordPress.
Which one is better: GoDaddy or WordPress?
Both of them have their own charm. WordPress is the best choice for beginners, bloggers, and small businesses. However, if you want to enjoy a number of hosting options and other advanced features, GoDaddy is the winner.
Does WordPress offer free hosting?
You can get WordPress for free but need to pay for hosting. You can start off with affordable entry level hosting plans.